Monday, October 8, 2012

Temple in Tucson

This conference was the best one ever…and I may repeat that in 6 months, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t true. There are a couple of reasons that I will post about, not claiming they are in any particular order! The first being that President Monson announced a temple to be built right here in Tucson! We had quite the celebration when we heard Pres. Monson say "Tucson Arizona". As we shouted for joy and shed tears of happiness we quickly texted other family member to share the news. What a wonderful blessing.

Another reason this conference was the best is that I had my family all together for every session, just like we used to do. For so many years, conference weekend has been one of our favorite family traditions. But the last 2 years, with all the difficulties we have, one of the casualties has been our family conference weekend. We have been working our way back, and when Kelsey said she had both days off for conference, Kelly and I cried. That was a tender mercy. Maryn came home for the weekend and made us complete. These last two days spent together watching conference as been a wonderful spiritual experience.

Of course, a chance to hear from our living prophet, apostles and the other general authorities makes for another reason why this conference was the best. We all wrote down a personal question and then a family question ahead of conference. Then during the sessions, we listened for the answers to those questions. There were so many great messages. I heard answers to my questions. I felt the spirit. At the beginning of conference I told my family the Lord is hastening his work and we need to prepare. And we need to help others prepare.Then the rest of conference just felt like confirmation of that. Elder Bednar made a statement that summed it all up. Know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel. I love that the Lord allows us to work in His kingdom. I love that we are taught what needs to be done and invited to come along! I am so thankful to be able to be a part of Heavenly Fathers work. I love knowing that as I serve my Father in Heaven, that process helps me become. Right now I get to serve with the young women. I love them and feel so blessed to help them become what the Lord wants them to become…for their sake and for mine!

No comments: