Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11 Remembered

This morning as I looked at the date, I remembered. That day was horrific, and the days that followed were filled with such sadness; it was a scary time in our nation’s history.
But, I also remember it being a time of courage and American pride, and gratitude to God for this great nation. I remember being so touched by countless images of brave men and women rescuing, fighting for freedom, raising the flag and praying.
I think about the state our nation is in today and it is scary. Again. I can’t help but think of those fighting for our freedom at home and abroad in contrast to those who seem to think they know more than God—those who want to destroy this country. It is time to remember those same feelings and see those same images that were so prevelant eleven years ago.
Remembering the good things from that fateful day, will help us find our way today.
What can I do?
Stand as a witness for God, truth and righteousness, in things and in all paces.
Vote, show American pride, serve and pray.
Fix my flag pole
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

No comments: