Sunday, September 30, 2012

BIG (literally) Project

I was asked by the stake relief society to design some subway art to cover four 8 by 20 foot sound boards in the stake center. They had the idea of what they wanted so I wasn’t starting from scratch completely. But…it still took a lot of time! After I had my design completed, I had to turn that digital picture into something real and tangible! That turned out to be easy, thanks to my prince charming, but time consuming. Kelly printed the large letters (and by large I mean letters about three feet) at work. And then I took every word brought it up to scale and printed the letters onto paper. Most of the time it took one page for each letter. After I printed them up, the relief society presidency cut them all out! I cut out the large letters. On Friday, we gathered all of our supplies and as many hands as we could and we put the boards together. We started at about 10 in the morning and by about 1 in the afternoon we had 1 board completely done. I was panicking just a little at this point. But I was counting on a learning curve, hoping that the rest wouldn’t take as long. By six o’clock we were finished with all of them except for a few missing letters. At this point I ran home, printed up what I needed and returned to put on those final touches. I was home with my feet up, eating some dinner by eight.

Here is the finished project and one of the boards close up.rs mtg decorrs board

No comments: